Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > My Tablet screen wont show anything its ...
My Tablet screen wont show anything its gone blank though power supply is available. anyone experiencing the same?

11710 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-09 14:24:57

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    Mickeyshallo
    2017-08-06 21:10:36

Hi there.
    My MaxiSys Pro tablet screen won't turn on. The power button shows its "on" because the blue light is on but the screen is just blank. Please what should I do, my tablet wont show anything. URGENT HELP!

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    Mickeyshallo
    2017-08-06 22:48:49 (Reply to:Mickeyshallo)
     I have managed to access through my TV using the HDMI, it seems my screen is gone. Kindly anyone to advice further on what to do?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-08-07 01:08:51 (Reply to:Mickeyshallo)

You should contact your dealer for instruction , if checking all the settings you find out that you don't have it set to external VGA monitor mode or something you can uncheck that and reboot it and find it then works again. Trying the HDMI port was a good idea though.

•   Level 2   
    (42) points
    Mickeyshallo
    2017-08-10 11:09:11 (Reply to:witsend)
     Hi, The HDMI gave me hope, unfortunately I'm in Kenya. Help from the dealer is taking too long. i had to open the tablet and check for any faults inside. I managed to get the screen working after a whole night of repairing the machine. 

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    didster

2017-10-13 18:00:20

Hi, I have been started to experience a similar issue. My MS908p has been lightly used and well cared for. At first I thought this had something to do with a weak or worn out battery. but my unit is on the the charger when not in use. It seems to occur when it's communicating with a vehicle. The screen darkens to the point that you can barely see any icons, etc. Sometimes it will allow navigation when touching the screen, other times not. 
    Mickeyshallo, what did you find to repair and how has it functioned since? 
    Thanks!

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Joe90mmm

2017-10-24 12:34:03 (Reply to:Mickeyshallo)

what did you fix ?

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    DannyB

2019-05-08 20:17:50 (Reply to:Mickeyshallo)

Hi,
    Can you please tell us how you fixed the screen problem on your Maxisys?
    Was it a resistor/capacitor on the board , battery, or the flex cable?
    Mine is doing the same , blue light on and no display.
    please reply when you have time, your tips would help me a lot.

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Michelautel

2020-08-16 00:57:09 (Reply to:Mickeyshallo)

i have same issue can you help me pls..

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Michelautel

2020-08-16 10:09:09 (Reply to:DannyB)

we have same issue sir what you did on your maxysis us of now?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-08-17 13:40:14 (Reply to:Michelautel)

I suspect that after a couple years that a tablet is discontinued from production and the OS no longer has current security certificates for an outdated browser,the quantity and quality of updates start  going down the toilet, and exist basically as restore software for a few more years for broken units without back up software, and  it is time to upgrade to a newer platform. Many folk with DS708s out of update period if they allowed them to connect to internet would find they mysteriously develop issues.
     IMO for longer tablet for better long term stability, if you can live without all the past car History would be no less than 6 weeks BEFORE your  update period is over, with  unit powered off eject the ext SD card and do a Factory Restore and re download all the car Apps software again one App at a time, starting from largest to smallest sized car file App.If you live in the USA though you might not need Puegeot, Renault , and Chinese car makes typically not sold in the USA Market. After you are done,  everything should now  fit on the 32 gb internal drive and Tablet should work in a much quicker non fragmented fashion. Make  a back up of the Scan Folder , From here on out do not perform any more updating to your tablet, especially BMW, So called Software Optimizing updates, or afterwards to a higher numerical OS or LIB version # after  or it will reduce chance of software backup you created earlier will work should you ever need it. Never  ever do a Factory Reset if you are out of update period thinking you can just copy and paste your Scan Folder backup back into ES Explorer and think that will workout well for you . Turn the tablet  WIFI off a full month before your update period expires and use your laptop for internet. Take photos of your reports and send out by phone  
  Total2 Pages